Be the change you seek

It has been many moons since I posted on the Godly Atheist blog. Blogging is one of my passions that waxes and wanes depending on my mood. Why start again?  My views change over time regarding religion, faith, and the spiritually, or the lack there of.  I want to write from my current perspective.  I long for connection to something larger than myself. I seek solidarity that energizes me to be a force of compassionate change in the world. There is a lot of bullshit going on in in U.S. politics with the new regime change. (Politics is another passion of mine). In addition, I face my own challenges and transitions that require courage and action.

My belief in the ever-loving god of my youth has disappeared.  Even so, a number of biblical stories circulated in my mind.  I remember the story of Job who remained faithful to god despite losing his family and all that he cherished. Perhaps he was a fool.  I have faith in community, especially my friends, family, coworkers, and fellow Unitarian Universalists'. I also fervently believe that love can go viral just as fear and despair can and have.  My journey continues as I learn to take better care of myself and those around me. That means taking action when the stakes are high.


As my friend Evan from high school put it: “You have to fight… For you right… To Party”     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking White Male Privilege for Granted

The Death of a Good Friend's Mother

Are you one of the good ones or bad ones?